Tuesday, May 8, 2012

What I Wasn't Prepared For - The 3 Year Burst!

What I Wasn't Prepared For - The 3 Year Burst!

I've sat in the pew many times and heard the Pastor say "be ready for results".  "Expect God to work".  In the Bible there is talk about preparing your fields for a harvest, or even sometimes in your prayer circles we pray "claiming victory in advance Lord".  As much as I know these things I was not prepared for what happened last night.  I shared a moment last night with Linda my mother, that can only be compared to times together 3 years ago.  I'm calling this the 3 year burst.
What happened last night was freakishly similar to moments back in 2009.  The settings and environment was 'just right' to have this moment almost like a 'soft try' or even better a simulation of our past and times spent... times in 2009.

Now during the past month of the treatment I have noticed and experienced improvements that literally take me back or 'rollback' to a year ago.  Certain behaviors are happening today that have not happened in roughly a year.  But nothing like the 3 year burst.

December 2010.  Linda snapped out of her trance one time right around Christmas 2010.  That day I interviewed her and asked her what this disease was like.  Her explanation to me was that they are kind of buried in a foggy tunnel a deep tunnel.  She actually drove to the store that day in the car by herself and bought breakfast groceries.  I came downstairs to find everything on the table because she did not know how to put the eggs and milk in the refrigerator.

Since taking the shot I have been trying to get her to explain to me where she is at.  Is she still in this tunnel?  From her answers there seems to be this distant reality of where we are and where they are.  The best description is this 'tunnel' effect.


The 3 Year Burst

Last night was like watching a Sci Fi movie.  Ya know the one where the hero blazes back from across the galaxy from a secret mission to return to earth via a worm hole and the only thing the hero wants to do is EAT!!!
I think of Bruce Willis traveling back from a cryonic state and wanting protein and carbs in food form.  Well last night I literally could not prepare or serve food fast enough for my mom.  I made dinner (spaghetti with squash and eggplant) and sat her down in front of 'Dancing With The Stars' (her favorite show) and it was like she teleported back from 2009 or where ever she has been and literally knocked down 3 huge bowls of spaghetti.  My mom has manners and is very lady like but there was nothing lady like about this.  She was like a warrior back from battle with a one track mind.  It was a full blown calorie dump.  She was so back or out of the tunnel she was grabbing the fork to feed herself huge massive bites and I finally realised what was happening and just started feeding her as fast as I could.  For the past month she has been feeding herself but I decided to do it instead because she was out of her trance and was starving.

Now I feed my mom 5-9 times a day for 7 months (this little lady could eat) but what made this different was the RAW desire and instinct to devour any and all food.  It was great there was barely anything left for me after she went right back to sleep.  She was relieved when I explained to her that I understood what was going on.  BTW.  What was totally wild was her ability to slurp and sip up the long noodles into her mouth.  She literally was able to negotiate her lips in the exercise of reeling in noodles.  This is from someone who was borderline a zombie a month ago.  She did all this while crossing her legs at dinner and sitting up straight.  While knocking down her water and coke AND watching 'Dancing With The Stars'.  It was freakishly like 2009 when we lived in LA.

God is Good!

1 comment:

  1. I really hope your mother gets better every day and am so glad I had the opportunity to donate. You might be interested in checking out Joseph Prince too.

    ReplyDelete